Welcome to my Den of Delights! Please make yourselves comfortable.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

REVIEW: Room Service by Jill Shalvis (Harlequin Blaze)

4 of 5 Stars

Jacob Hill Can Give Me Room Service Any Day ^_~

“To: Maintenance
From: Housekeeping
Check the air vents and temp regulator on elevator 2A. Guest seen coming out of it today looking dazed and flushed.”

I do so enjoy Jill Shalvis’ little “quotes” at the start of chapters. She had some cute and funny sayings in her Lucky Harbor books, and in this one, she had these funny little hotel staff memos at the start of every few chapters or so.

Anyone who knows me knows that I don’t really read Harlequins, anymore, because I prefer the length of a novel to give relationships in a Romance sufficient time to grow and develop. But I really enjoyed this Harlequin Blaze by Jill Shalvis! I’m on a bit of a Jill Shalvis-a-thon, at the moment. ^_^

Emmaline “Em” Harris is an Ohio farm gal turned TV Producer. But the only three shows she’s produced have flopped and her boss has given her one last chance. He wants her to produce a cooking show. And he wants her to get the delicious Chef Jacob Hill and his pretty delectable food to be featured on the show.

Chef Jacob Hill is the Executive Chef at Amuse Bouche, the restaurant in the world-class New York hotel Hush… which is themed for …. *whispers* S-E-X. The rooms are equipped with all kinds of toys and tailored to suit the requests of its guests.

I really liked Em, the high principled, tough but sweet, determined woman who wants to succeed without hurting others.


And Jacob Hill, the badass-looking Chef with cropped hair, a wicked smile, and a past he doesn’t talk about with anyone, was very sexy.

Oh, yeah, I've got my eye on you Jacob Hill...You aren't getting away!

This was a sexy, easy, quick-read, with some believable angst, and a cute, romantic ending.

I have one complaint, though: Jill Shalvis, how could you tease me with just the mention of hot tub sex??!! Hot tub sex always deserves a full scene. Always. Or maybe that’s just me and my love of water. ^_^

I leave you with a scene:
'He stroked a finger over her jaw. "You've got something I recognize and know well."

Her breath caught at the touch. "What's that?"

"Determination. Passion. Hunger to succeed."

She understood him, and loved the feeling. But he understood her, too. Was there anything more sexy than that, a man who really knew her? She found herself fighting a broad, stupid smile. "You, Jacob hill, are a very kind man."

He stared at her, then let loose with a laugh. "First you think I'm sweet, and now kind. Who are you looking at?"

"You."

"I'm not either of those things," he said with a slow shake of his head. "In fact, ask around." He shifted his weight on the bar stool, and suddenly his legs, long and hard were entangled, with hers.

Leaning in, he insinuated a muscled thigh between hers. His lips brushed against her ear as he spoke. "In fact, I'm probably the furthest thing from kind - and sweet - you'll ever meet."'

Credits:
My Em - Cobie Smulders
My Jacob - James Guardino


This book can also be found in the two-in-one Showcase of Room Service and Shadow Hawk:

No comments:

Post a Comment