Welcome to my Den of Delights! Please make yourselves comfortable.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Quote/Inspiration of the Moment: From On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta


Melina Marchetta is one of my favourite authors, and On the Jellicoe Road was well deserving of the American Library Association’s Michael L. Printz Award of Excellence in Young Adult Literature in 2009, in my humble opinion. And today, I was reminded of this quote once again...I love it!
"My body becomes a raft and there's this part of me that wants just literally to go with the flow. To close my eyes and let it take me. But I know sooner or later I will have to get out, that I need to feel the earth beneath my feet, between my toes - the splinters, the bindi-eyes, the burning sensation of hot dirt, the sting of cuts, the twigs, the bites, the heat, the discomfort, the everything. I need desperately to feel it all, so when something wonderful happens, the contrast will be so massive that I will bottle the impact and keep it for the rest of my life." 
~ On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta




To read some more quotes from the amazing author Melina Marchetta (I can't recommend her highly enough!) please see my review for  On the Jellicoe Road


1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful quote, Lady Jayne, at least the message it transmits.

    I've never heard of Melina Marchetta, so I'll put on my list this book you mentioned, "On the Jellicoe Road", to read it some day ;).

    ReplyDelete