Welcome to my Den of Delights! Please make yourselves comfortable.

Friday, January 18, 2013

My Photoetry: Tattered Toy

This poem is for anyone who has ever felt heart-broken and hopeless. May Hope remain in your heart, always. ♥


*~*Tattered Toy*~*

She gazed out into
The horizon of her domain;
The haunting notes of longing, within her,
Echoed their bittersweet refrain.

Swirling thoughts
Of broken dreams;
Her hopes and wishes
Seeping out of frayed seams.

She struggled to continue
To hold hope in her heart;
She felt like she was
Completely falling apart.

But she refused to repose in defeat
Like an abandoned tattered toy;
She gathered up her hopes and faith,
Stitched them up within,
And, through that, regained some joy.


By Jayne Michellane a.k.a Lady Jayne, 18 January 2013.

Model: Tahlya Mitrovic 
Hair and Make-up: Yen Huynh 
Creative Partner: Glenn Varona 

7 comments:

  1. Jayne, sweetie, this is wonderful! I could read whole books of your poetry. (hint hint) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nissie, sweetie! Hahahah! You are THE BEST cheerleader! Mwah! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love how you pair the poem with a picture ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, thank you, sweet Jayne! You make it easy to cheer! Mwah! and *HUGS* back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Cassio! The pictures are from two separate photoshoots that my hubby and I did with the same model. I wrote the poem many months after those shoots - one was called "The Bride Doll" and the other "Forest Frolic". It wasn't until after I wrote the poem that I realised those photos would go great with the poem! :-)

    ReplyDelete