Welcome to my Den of Delights! Please make yourselves comfortable.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Inspiration of the Moment and My Photography: Weeds

"Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them." 
~ A.A. Milne



This was definitely what I found when I got up-close-and-personal with some weeds in my overgrown, messy backyard, with my macro lens. Funny how something can look quite beautiful if we look at it through a different lens. 
(Of course...I'm not the one who mowed our lawn, afterwards. Haha!) Speaking of lenses, this makes me think of 
another quote...

"Begin challenging your own assumptions. 
Your assumptions are your windows on the world. 
Scrub them off every once in awhile, 
or the light won't come in." 
~ Alan Alda
 

4 comments:

  1. I love the quotes, Jayne! And your weeds are lovely :D

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nissie!

    I'd let my weeds know, but may they rest in peace. Of course, their relatives seem to keep popping up all the time! LOL

    That second pic, the sun was actually shining down on it, as it was setting. That's why it sort of looks like it's glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quote and beautiful photographs!!! Your "Quote of the Day" section is one that I really like about your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...Thank you, Cassio! I'm glad you enjoy the "Quotes of the Day"! I've been thinking though, perhaps I should call them "Quotes of the Moment" since I don't post them everyday, just when there's a quote that's on my mind, at the time. Haha. What do you think?

    I love finding pics to go with the quotes, too, and it's even more fun when I can use some of my own photography. ^_^

    I like collecting quotes that make me think about things or make me feel something, or ones that just inspire me, and I enjoy sharing them, as I hope, they inspire those who read them here.

    So, I really, really appreciate your comment! Thank You so much!!!

    ReplyDelete